Teldaria Tiers & Tiered Gear - Information and Tutorial

Hello!
My name is Universe and I am a Helper on Teldaria. This post will show you how to obtain, identify tiered gear as well as special commands related to them.

Tiers and Their Order
Here is an image of the tiers, Regular is the lowest and Mythic is the highest. To be able to look at this in-game you can do /tiers or do /faq and hover over the zombies head.

Tiered Gear and Identifying It's Strengths
Tiered gear are custom tools and armor that are stronger and more powerful than regular Minecraft tools are armor. They are judged in power by their tier, the higher the better. You can see those tiers above. You can use this gear yourself or sell it to others for money. The tier Fatal or above is recommended for adventuring the nether and fighting bosses but that also depends on your skill. Here is an image of some Fatal leggings, you are able to see which tier it is by the color of it's name and also where it says "Tier: Fatal". You can identify how good it is by it's "Physical Defense", this is it's general defense. There is also information on items' "PVP Defense" and "PVE Defense", the higher the percentage the stronger it is in those factors.

How To Get Tiered Gear
Tiered gear is obtained by killing mobs of the specific tier. If you look at the image below you can see a Frost Dweller with a dark blueish name, this is the Ghostly tier. If I kill it there will be a chance of it dropping a ghostly tiered item. As you level up (/level) by killing mobs you will unlock more tiers to spawn around you. You can see which ones you have unlocked and when the next one will unlock with the command /sms.

The other ways to get tiered gear is through essence bottles. These can be obtained through crafting at the NPC, crates, the vote shop or buying them off other players in the market. Once obtained you right click them to receive a piece of gear from the tier of which the bottle is. To craft essence bottles all you'll need is 8 of the same tiered essence and a glass bottle. Then what you do is head to the "Item Crafter" NPC in spawn, walk forward about 20 blocks and turn left to find him. Right click him and it will bring up a menu. You find the correct bottle you want to craft then click it. It will tell you if you have the correct ingredients to make it. There's also a way to get higher tiered bottles, you trade 4 of the previous tier for one of the next tier. This may take a while but it's a good way to get some good gear.

You may have seen I mentioned essence. This is what is used to make essence bottles. To get essence all you need to do is crush the tiered gear you got from killing the mobs at the NPC in spawn called "Item Crusher". He will give you a couple of essence for the items you crush. It's as simple as that really.

You can also obtain tiered gear from the market (/pshop), you purchase it from other players for money. You can also sell your own gear.

Socket Gems, Divine Enchantment Books and Rune Stones

Socket Gems

These are pretty much enchantments and abilities you can add to your tiered gear. They offer all sorts of specific skills. A Socket Gem is an emerald that boosts something by a percentage such as defense, attack etc. We saw this defense on the image of those fatal leggings. If I was the add this socket gem in the image below it would increase it by 5%. If you didn't realize those leggings don't have any socket gem spots, some tools and armor don't have any but some have multiple. That's not it though, in the image below you can see there is a percentage of succession and failure. You can increase your chance of succession from magic dust, different dusts have different percentages. If you succeed the socket gem will be added to your item, if not it could destroy your item or just destroy the socket gem.

Divine Enchantment Books
Divine Enchants are basically the same as socket gems and work exactly the same but offer something such as a skill rather than a boost to current traits for tools or armor. In the image below you can see this book offers 12.55% chance to get 4x EXP on a mob kill. That's practically it. They work the same as Socket Gems and some tiered gear have slots for these books and some don't.

Rune Stones
Same as the others but instead of item traits or skills these give you the abilities that beacons give you such as haste and speed. You can see an example in the image below. They work exactly the same as socket gems and divine enchantment books and must have a rune stone slot on the item.

Commands In This Post
/faq
/sms
/tiers
/pshop
/level

From what I can remember that is pretty much it. I really hope this helped you in learning more about tiers and tiered gear on Teldaria. If you believe I have missed anything or have any questions feel free to leave a comment or message me on the forums, in-game or on Discord. If you need any help in-game you can use /faq or ask in chat as a staff member or player will happily help you.

A relevant addition to this is the more mechanical explanation I gave on Custom Items. It's a little brief in comparison, but gives a good run down of how our items interact with each other.

How do I get money and get levels?
For new members we always suggest taking the jobs Hunter and Miner. Killing customs mobs is the only way to raise your player level and, if you're like most players, you'll be doing this a lot. Might as well get paid for it! As for mining, it's the easiest job to level up and since you get paid for mining any block (Stone+), it's very easy to start piling up the cash if you're willing to strip mine or make a quarry.

How does McMMO interact with our custom items?
As far as I'm aware, it works as it is described on the wiki and in-game with custom items. So all of McMMO's skills and stats carry over while using custom items.

How does PvP defense work?
PvP armor checks against the modifier "PvP Damage". For a simple explanation, damage is decided based on your weapon's base damage, plus any sort of outside modifiers (aka, McMMO skill ranks, inserted gems/runes/etc into the item, and other stuff like that). Once that is calculated, if you have a "PvP damage" modifier, it adds in whatever percentage it specifies to the total damage you deal based on my previous sentence. Armor is calculated the same way, but with (obviously) armor values.

Hopefully, that explains it a bit better!

How does vanilla enchants effect the game?
Vanilla enchantments work exactly as you would expect them to. The only difference is I don't think Looting increases the drop rate of custom items, only vanilla items. Additionally, if you have a custom item with "Sharpness" on it, the base damage it shows does not include that. As I explained in the previous question, things like that are added in behind the scenes. So a custom item with Sharpness III and a base damage of 30 is weaker than a custom item with Sharpness V and a base damage of 30, even though their base damage is the same.

What's the deal with these lame bottles and essences?
Cloudy bottles will give you a random piece of custom item of the tier the bottle specifies. So a Fatal Cloudy Bottle will give you a random Fatal item. You can make these Cloudy bottles by breaking down custom items you get from custom mobs.

To make the Cloudy Bottles, you first need to defeat custom mobs and then pick up any custom items they drop. You'd then take these items to the "Item Crusher" in spawn to break them down. When you break down the item, you'll be given 1-4 essence of that item tier (so breaking a Fatal item will give you 1-4 Fatal Essence). Once you have eight of an essence, you take it and a glass bottle to the "Item Crafter" (also at spawn) to make a Cloudy Bottle of that tier (so, using your eight Fatal Essence and a glass bottle will give you a Fatal Cloudy Bottle). The Item Crafter can also be used to combine four of the same Cloudy Bottle tiers into the next tier. If you combine four Fatal Bottles, you'd get a Legendary Cloudy Bottle, for example.

@EzekielsCall slots (Gem/Divine/Rune) appear on custom gear in proportion to the Tier of the item. The higher the tier, the more likely the custom gear will have those custom enchant slots and more of them. Usually gear in the Legendary+ Tiers have some kind of slots on them. Lower Tier gear can have slots, however it is more rare, and usually only 1 or two slots will appear.

There is something called a "Pocket Chisel" which allows you to add a Socket Gem slot on gear, but the only way I know to get it is through a Rare Crate reward drop.

@EzekielsCall slots (Gem/Divine/Rune) appear on custom gear in proportion to the Tier of the item. The higher the tier, the more likely the custom gear will have those custom enchant slots and more of them. Usually gear in the Legendary+ Tiers have some kind of slots on them. Lower Tier gear can have slots, however it is more rare, and usually only 1 or two slots will appear.

There is something called a "Pocket Chisel" which allows you to add a Socket Gem slot on gear, but the only way I know to get it is through a Rare Crate reward drop.
Thank you :)