Teldaria 2.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided to leave the server, thanks for the good times of the last few months. I wish you all the best. all my stuff is up form grabs, Mods please disperse my holdings to the players you need it. and cancel all my lots for destruction. much iron there :)

Hopefully we will be able to retain our claim blocks. If not, is it possible to make claim blocks saleable so we can at least get our gold back and be able to purchase new claim blocks after the reset? Is that even possible?

Also, can we get more clarification on what items will not work after the reset? Like the current equipment / weapons / armor... will those items still have their traits and work as such after the reset? What about enchantment books? Magic Dust? Socket items? MMC Skill Books? Vote Bottles? Bottle dust? Vote Keys? /vpoints? etc.? As someone who doesn't have any shulker boxes or any way to acquire them (no gold, no survivability for the nether), it's kind of important when selecting what to stuff my BP with.

P.S. This is a sad thing for me, even though it may lead to better server performance. I just had my former server do a reset after a year and a half of building some wonderful things on that server. I left that server because they proved that they weren't a reliable place to invest your time. This is the server I came to looking for some stability with hope that I wouldn't face another reset any time soon, but here we are. Thankfully I've only been on this server for maybe 6 months or so and I haven't invested nearly the time I had on my prior server, but it still shakes my confidence or willingness to spend any kind of time building things knowing that another reset could be on the horizon. I realize that the only real way to have total confidence in not losing your work is to simply play single player, but that lacks the interaction with other players and the mods that make the game so much more enjoyable.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts on this. I understand it's considered a necessary update, but this is one example of how it impacts your players.

P.S. This is a sad thing for me, even though it may lead to better server performance. I just had my former server do a reset after a year and a half of building some wonderful things on that server. I left that server because they proved that they weren't a reliable place to invest your time. This is the server I came to looking for some stability with hope that I wouldn't face another reset any time soon, but here we are. Thankfully I've only been on this server for maybe 6 months or so and I haven't invested nearly the time I had on my prior server, but it still shakes my confidence or willingness to spend any kind of time building things knowing that another reset could be on the horizon. I realize that the only real way to have total confidence in not losing your work is to simply play single player, but that lacks the interaction with other players and the mods that make the game so much more enjoyable.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts on this. I understand it's considered a necessary update, but this is one example of how it impacts your players.
It happens to all Minecraft servers and maps sooner or later, I would say that it's the journey and community and memories you get that is most important.

Last edited:
I purchased a HERO kit and wonder if I will still be getting that in the new update? Here is a suggestion people are hording sulker boxes and lower tier players are going to be out of luck....what if there was a command to get a few free sulker boxes.
When the server nears the release date. The shulkers will drop in price due to over supplied hoarding.

I am honestly not as mad as these people here, I just joined the server and I don't have a big spawner city like Ladybug, so I welcome this update with open arms. Though I do feel sorry for those who spent like 1000 hours on this server. That sucks.

It is clear the server owner/managers want to do the right thing and let you keep enough you won't lose your valuables. As a Hero donor, this comforts me to know all is not lost. As for a reset, it is a normal process and although it can be painful it allows us all a new canvas to work with, no complaints here, going to schedule some time off to start an auto-sorter again! I for one am still proud to call this server "Mine Home" :p

"We will be doing map resets."

Why? The general reaction to this seems in all ways negative, and I see no reason for it. After all, a map of a given number of chunks will use the same number of bytes to be stored no matter how long it has been played on. If you want it for new generation, wait until 1.14 and add a new region with your fancy new servers.

As for myself, I am only playing now for my build with the RPG stuff as a cool bonus, but if the servers do reset I'll just pull the data and seed and finish it in singleplayer creative. I, of course, am by far not your only player, but I feel a significant amount of others might feel the same.

If there are too many entities, load the whole world in chunks and vacuum them. But people have poured hundreds if not thousands of hours into their builds, and the amount of progress (and will to play) you will be destroying is huge. And to further the issue, doing a map reset will barely at all help the server, as far as I can tell.
how do you pull the data and seed to save it to singleplayer I would like to do the same.

Another thing you could do before the tenth to transfer items from old to new world is to empty your /bp, go to old world, gather the items, go to new world, deposit /bp into chests. rinse, repeat.

or, y'know, just gather resources in old world before the tenth, go back to new world, put those in chests. very useful for people like me who need to gather dark oak wood, hardened clay, and bone blocks to make my new base.

Is there a complete list of changes up anywhere?

Edit: Also can I pretty please petition for the return of /sell for base items like dirt, cobble, etc?

Last edited:
This hasnt been announced anywhere yet, and honestly I know about as much as everyone else on that front. I'm sure they will give us all an update in the near future over what was and was not released and what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.