Mob issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wondered if you guys are actively working on this mob spawn issue or if it is not a priority at this time. I just notice that some days there are lots of mobs and then there will be several days in a row that there are no mobs at all. its also a common discussion in chat, someone is always asking why there aren't any mobs around. I really like your server and want to stay but if this is an issue that really isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, I'm not sure how much longer I can hang out.

Arctickty, where are you looking for mobs? Underground, the nether and the end have a substantial amount of spawns. The surface has always been less since there are so many spots underground that are available for the mobs to spawn in.

I'm just saying that this is the only server I have been on that literally has zero mobs on the surface a majority of the time. yes I have seen mobs underground and I don't go to the end or nether. also I'm not the only one who notices this issue. I would say at least twice an hr when I'm on people are asking why there are no mobs. I have seen several mobs on the surface but maybe 1 day a week. I just saying that it would be nice if there was a happy medium you should run into a few mobs when your outside at night exploring, but rarely does that happen.. again I do like the server I just wish we had more encounters on the surface because right now they are few .

Agreed! There are never any mobs on the surface or near my house. When the mods explained that a majority of them are underground, I built an underground mob grinder... but I wasted time doing so because they do not spawn there either. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Fenrir

Agreed! There are never any mobs on the surface or near my house. When the mods explained that a majority of them are underground, I built an underground mob grinder... but I wasted time doing so because they do not spawn there either. Pretty lame if you ask me.
How far underground did you try building it? If it's not below sea level(below ground level, excluding say a mountain interior)... it usually doesn't work. Me and Paren discovered that the hard way when she started hers inside a mountain.

Also: You realize this thread is like almost a month old right?

The reason being; We use a custom mob plugin which lets more mobs spawn than the normal mobs. Normally mobs would spawn at night above ground; However, as alpha said, there is a bunch of room for them to spawn underground. You may get more overworld spawns if you go underneath an area and light up the cave systems below.

Why does the age of the thread matter? That just means this issue has persisted that long. And I have built underground rooms at several different levels... at hard rock, a few blocks below the surface, below level 40, same issue always happens... no mobs. I will start taking screen shots every single time someone asks in the chat if "mobs spawn on this server." and maybe the mods will see that its not just me wanting mobs. Its not like this server is filled with a bunch of kids, we want to kill things!

Why does the age of the thread matter? That just means this issue has persisted that long. And I have built underground rooms at several different levels... at hard rock, a few blocks below the surface, below level 40, same issue always happens... no mobs. I will start taking screen shots every single time someone asks in the chat if "mobs spawn on this server." and maybe the mods will see that its not just me wanting mobs. Its not like this server is filled with a bunch of kids, we want to kill things!

I have had success making large rooms underground for spawns; I'd recommend a 50x50 area at least, more spawns at 100x100

I could give a crap about a grinder, I just want to walk outside and kill mobs. Mods need to admit that there is something wrong with the spawn rates. Standing outside my house right now in the night, 3 nights in a row and not a single mob!

Status
Not open for further replies.