Akhmim, an Egyptian City

AKHMIM WAS LOST IN THE SERVER RESET. This forum thread will remain up, but this city does not exist any longer on Teldaria.

Traveling through the desert, parched, hot, and hungry, you see the glint of sun off of gold in the distance. Gallant pyramids spike up into the blue sky before you. As you come closer, you see smaller buildings in the pyramids’ shadows -- in this dead landscape, people have come together to form a thriving society. Built right onto the river delta, it prospers. Welcome to Akhmim.

Akhmim is a somewhat historically accurate Ancient Egyptian city. You can read an extremely detailed document about the rules and jobs and builds here, but I'll go over the basics in this post.

Progress shots of the port/spawn and the apartments:

To join Akhmim, you must agree to abide by the city rules as well as Teldaria's rules. You can view these rules in the Great Gold-Capped Pyramid, which acts as the city's spawn.

To build in Akhmim, you must agree to conform to the Ancient Egyptian theme of the city. I reserve the right to ask you to alter your builds if they do not fit the theme. For example, I may ask you to change your building's facade from netherrack bricks to a more suitable stone. If you decline, I reserve the right to remove the build and refund your plot purchase money to you.

Plot Prices
10x10 - 100 sq blocks
$2,000

15x15 - 225 sq blocks
$5,500

20x20 - 400 sq blocks
$8,000

There are also apartments currently available for rent (ranging from $300-1000 per month), and there will be prefabricated homes available for purchase in the future!

Jobs in Akhmim

If you'd like to live (basically) rent-free in Akhmim, and even make a bi-weekly salary, then just be willing to work hard to make the city glorious! More information about the available jobs will be posted once the city is opened.

All workers must pay the Pharaoh taxes every two weeks. This 'tax' is actually just items (crops and animal products for farmer, fish for fisher, etc), or services rendered (did you keep the city safe as a guard, did you add any new features to the town as a landscaper, etc). Because you will be earning a salary, you are essentially profiting off of the basic work required to keep Akhmim prosperous!

Apply to Live in Akhmim
Please fill out this form fully and submit it in this thread.
IGN:
Hours Played Weekly:
Job Preference:
Do you agree to be a productive member of Akhmim and contribute to the city’s development?

Last edited:
IGN: Inkmouse
Time Played on Server: Couple of hours. I'm new to the server but an experienced player generally.
Hours Played Weekly: ~20? I'll be an active player if I like the community.
Job Preference: Currently a lumberjack but I'm open to being whatever the city needs
Do you agree to be a productive member of Akhmim and contribute to the city’s development? Of course!

IGN: JPGuard
Time played on server: at least for a few months now
Hours played weekly: Really depends but if I'd make an estimate around 13hours
Job preference: Landscaper/Sentry hope to climb up the ranks a bit though
Do you agree to be a productive member Akhmim and contribute to the cities development: Yes I believe I can help a good amount

IGN:maxall4
Time Played on Server:2 months
Hours Played Weekly:21
Job Preference: landscaper/builder
Do you agree to be a productive member of Akhmim and contribute to the city’s development? yes

Last edited:
IGN:maxall4
Time Played on Server:2 months
Hours Played Weekly:21
Job Preference: landscaper/builder
Do you agree to be a productive member of Akhmim and contribute to the city’s development? yes
Thanks for the interest! Unfortunately, Akhmim was the city I ran on the server BEFORE the resets. It no longer exists. Good luck w/ your search, though!