mc.teldaria.com 0 Click to Copy

[Guide] How to get Teldaria's resource pack.

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by The Fox and the Doodler, Sep 5, 2017.

1. The Fox and the Doodler

Over my time playing on Teldaria, I've had an amazing time. The gameplay is enjoyable and rewarding and the community is great. The community is keen on helping new players and answers almost any question asked.

Except one that I've noticed: "How can I get the server's resource pack?"

The staff's answer to this question is usually something along the lines of "You can't, it's a resource pack custom to the server."

Which is about half true.

Is it a resource pack custom to the server? Arguably, yes.
    You can't get it for yourself? But you can.

And I'm here to remedy that.

First, delete system32. No, I'm joking, don't actually do that. That would has horrible consequences and probably serious damage to your computer.

What you actually want to do is first, go into your .minecraft folder and locate the folder server-resource-packs and open it.
    [​IMG]

If you're like me and have been on a ton of servers with a ton of other server resourse packs, you should see a bunch of files with random strings of numbers and letters.

[​IMG]

Next, you want to empty this folder. If you want, you can back these up, but I deleted them. If you lose them, you can always redownload them by logging onto the server it was from.

When you have an empty folder, log back onto the Teldaria server and redownload the resource pack. After you've done that, go back into your server-resource-packs folder and there should be a new file with whatever nonsense as its name.

[​IMG]

That right there, is Teldaria's resource pack. All you have to do now is right click the file, hit rename and add a ".zip" to the end of the file name and move it to your resourcepacks folder.

Congratulations. You have the resource pack.

JPGuard likes this.
  2. JPGuard

Staff Member Moderator

Had no idea that was a thing, very informative post!

3. UniverseLabs

Staff Member Helper

Nice tutorial.

4. Yaunbao

Yaunbao New Member

anyone help with macs?

5. UnoWild

UnoWild Member

Ive seen the pack during it's development, it is not custom. It is tweaked or hashed together using the 'Resource Pack Workbench'.
    Looking through it now I see no credit given to the authors of any of the original work

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  6. Skywoody

Skywoody Member

This can also lead to flaws in the resource pack itself, as it's hashed and resigned. Just be wary of random crashes etc.

7. UnoWild

UnoWild Member

Not hashed as in code, hashed together as in the first meaning of that word before the code version was used in programming.
    aka' thrown together'
    (before your time) :p

Um, no, changes in tiles in a resource pack will not effect a game in causing it to crash, ever. They are images, if they are named wrong or in the wrong place they simply will not show, instead the default ones will.
    I make packs and have for years.

Ripcat likes this.
  8. Skywoody

Skywoody Member

Must be mistaken, as with the java coding I have dealt with also hides few key files when hashing. Such as limited cache, Main and variable components. I also code RSPS so I'm guessing the security measures are a bit different. ;P

Vizzeek likes this.