mc.teldaria.com 0 Click to Copy

[Closed] SMod Power Abuse

Discussion in 'Appeal/Report Archive' started by AshtonSnell, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Is getting blocked by the filter bypassing the filter?

1. No

2. Yes, because.... (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshtonSnell

AshtonSnell New Member

1- alphachino1414
    2- Abuse of SMod powers
    3- 01/13/2018 12:20 EST
    4- 2018-01-13_00.13.53.png 2018-01-13_00.13.04.png
    5- Explanation: As seen I typed 'WTF' In chat as I was surprised by a tornado like happening near my minecraft home on the server. I was informed that I broke rule #1 of the chat rules "No Bypassing the Filter" and was muted by alphachino1414. He said it was for "staff disrespect" because in his eyes arguing my side is disrespect. He most likely did this to the fact that he knew he was wrong. This is also not the first occurrence of alphachino1414's power abuse. I saw him do the exact same thing before to a player with a name like 'Hypocrisy" or something along that lines. I feel alphachino has been a negative influence on the servers reputation and to the players experience and should be reprimanded as deemed appropriate.

Hypnos likes this.
  2. Alphachino1414

Staff Member Moderator

i appreciate you posting this, however i would like to clarify that i have in fact never muted Hypocrisy otherwise named SL67 in game.

3. AshtonSnell

AshtonSnell New Member

A player with the name beginning Hypo was complaining about being muted around 4 P.M. EST today. You were one of the only staff on at the time so I assumed it was you. Logs I'm sure can determine the true abusive staff member from his case.

4. Darkfire

Darkfire New Member

I was the one who Muted SL67 Under the terms of Swearing in chat. His mute does not Effect how you got a mute.

5. AshtonSnell

AshtonSnell New Member

Ah, so two corrupt members of the staff. Hopefully you are reprimanded in kind too. It would be a shame for a few power hungry staff members to ruin the experience for many of us on such a potentially wonderful server.

6. Praetorian

Praetorian New Member

The person who was supposedly abused isn't even the one posting, can he not present the case his or herself? The staff member in question is also not listed properly, ultimately there is no case for abuse of power here and the responses from alphachino1414 are in no way disrespectful, abusive, or incorrect.

You can debate semantics all you want, but when a staff member contacts you and asks you to discontinue a behavior the immediate response shouldn't be to argue back or debate the situation. If you genuinely disagree then formulate a valid argument for why you believe that the stance should be changed and the senior staff will figure out how they want to go forward with it, whether it is change policy or otherwise.

Further, the idea that simply because something isn't against a specific rule, it's okay, is crazy. It's impossible to cover every possible thing that will occur and to some degree the staff will have to use their best judgment on how to handle a given situation. If they ask you to stop, you should.

MusicalHeroic and Looooooki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.